Saturday 5 June 2010

by Felipe Alvarez de Toledo

Today I was given my wings,
I bat them like soft eyelashes.
They shine, they're such beautiful things;
They glow like little girls' sashes.

They are just a caleidoscope,
Refracting golden rays of light;
Shimmering in the day,
And glowing in the night.

The Sun moves its way through my wings;
Translucent, the purest of things,
And though I won't have them for long,
Short love doesn't mean it's less strong,

So, I see nothing quite as grand
As posing gently on my stand,
Trying to look as glad as I can,
Liking the feel of my wingspan.

The birds, through the forest they sing
Of my newfound, iridescent wings.
Their voice, oh the Joy it does bring,
For once, I do feel like a King,

So I start to voice along,
Joining in with their happy song,
And I muster all my might,
Jumping up and taking flight.

2 comments:

Ami said...

AAAYYY ME AGARRO PIEL DE GALLINA AL FINAL TE JUROOO

excelente feli, y felicitaciones!!
te quiero

Anonymous said...

las fotos de nicole, ya están para que las veas :)
del poema, ya te dije qué me parecía por msn
felicitaciones por terminar la secundaria :)